This course introduces the student to the fundamentals of Welding. It provides the student with opportunities for hands-on training in shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) that will provide each of the participants with welding theory training topics, weld joints and positions, welding safety, weld and base metal nomenclature, defects and basic inspection criteria. The student will also be instructed in the safe use of oxyacetylene cutting torch and various saws and grinders. This course is comprised of intensive classroom instruction, including discussion and a written test, as well as hands-on practical training and evaluation. Upon successful completion of the course, the trainee will be presented with certificate of completion.
- Job seekers: To provide competitive advantage over others, increase earning potentials and eligibility for employment in the oil and gas, manufacturing, construction and other engineering industries.
- Working Professionals: To increase your opportunities for easy job switch or industries, to increase your earning potentials and also enhance lucrative job opportunities in high net-worth sectors of the economy.
- Enterpreneurs: To sharpen your skills, optimize performance and be highly sought-after in the industry of interest.
- Welding safety
- Types of welding
- Welding defects
- Welding materials
- Welding Joints and Positions
- Welding Parameters
- Basic Welding codes and inspections
- Manual Cutting and Grinding
- Oxy-Fuel Cutting (OFC) – Students learn safety measures involved with OFC, the main components of and how to set up oxy-fuel equipment.
Duration: 12 Weeks
ORGANIZATION WHERE A TRAINED STRUCTURAL / PIPE SMAW WELDING PROFESSIONAL CAN FEATURE
When you get certified in this training, you can work as an Operator, Instructor, Inspector, Consultant or Enterpreneur in any of the below industries
- ELECTRICAL COMPANY
- CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
- ENGINEERING COMPANY
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
- MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROVIDER
- DOMESTIC AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL GET
- A conducive training environment
- Qualified and pragmatic Instructors with field experience
- Theoretical and Practical classes
- Interactive and e-learning methods
- Training Manuals
Gabson Professional School of Safety and Engineering (GPSSE) has trained individuals and for various organisations. A few of our clients include:
- SC Johnson & Son
- British Deputy High Commission
- Servetek Engineering Limited
- Prima Corporation
- Fairewell Enterprises
- Bablink Resources Nigeria Limited
- Talons Global Services Limited
- Samsung Heavy Duties
- United Nations (UN)
- ArcSkills & Vocational Institute
- Lagos State Employability Trust Fund (LSETF)